It is an organizational part of ORLEN UNIPETROL RPA s.r.o. and has a statute of a research, development and manufacturing unit. Although the predominant volume of research contracts comes from the majority owner, the Institute is open to accepting projects from other domestic and foreign customers. Other sources of income represent production (colour concentrates, additive masterbatches, flame retardant compounds, filled materials and special composite materials), sales of polyolefins and revenue generated from the business information and consulting services.
• Structural analyses of polymer matrices.
• Analyses of plastics and composites’ chemical composition.
• Evaluation of processing stability of polymers.
• Determination of lifespan of polymer matrices by accelerated methods of artificial ageing.
• Optimisation of stabilisation compositions.
Determination of long-term mechanical properties by the use of standard tests or alternative methods.